Fact Sheets >
SSR-22® Kit=Cryo-Silane® & Dry-Pak®
For Stationary Systems
Loss of refrigerant from air conditioning and refrigeration systems through chronic leakage poses at least three distinct problems.
- The compressor cycles for longer and longer periods until it eventually runs continuously; this results in a significant decrease in unit efficiency and cooling capacity.
- Increased compressor wear and moisture migration into the system further degrade system performance and reduce remaining system life; and since refrigerant cools the motor in hermetically sealed units, as refrigerant continues to leak, the unit overheats and may ultimately experience motor burn out.
- It is a violation of the Federal Clean Air Act regulation to allow refrigerant leakage to continue.
Impossible to Find Leaks
The majority of refrigerant leaks within AC&R systems are small and usually difficult, if not impossible to locate; especially in large commercial/industrial units with literally hundred of feet of piping and countless fittings. There may be one leak or fifty leaks. Because of the minute size of each individual leak and inaccessibility of much of the system, they are practically impossible to track down. In large systems which have been insulated for energy efficiency, the problem is further exacerbated by the fact the leaking refrigerant may flow outside of the refrigerant line (while inside the insulation) for a considerable distance from the original leak site. For the service professional living in the competitive world of service contracts, finding and repairing leaks of this type quickly eat up profits or result in non-renewal of contract due to high cost of “time and materials” under the old contract.
Our Self-Sealing Technology
Fortunately our technology, Cryo-Silane® Self-Sealing Refrigerant- SSR-22® provides the capability to self-seal and PERMANENTLY REPAIR LEAKS in metal and other components of AC&R systems. Our product seals NEW LEAKS as it circulates in the system. A typical scenario, in response to customer’s request for service on their air conditioning system is:
- Upon arrival at the job site, the service technician checks the system refrigerant charge, and if low, determines that the system is leaking and must be repaired.
- Service Technician presents customer with two alternatives for repairing the leak(s):
- Service Technician will attempt to find the leak(s); then, if and when he finds them, he will provide a firm estimate which will include labor to the leak(s) plus labor and parts to repair.
- The Service Technician can use the CRYO-SILANE® Self-Sealing Refrigerant technology to SEAL ALL THE LEAKS in a short amount of time while making the same amount of profit. A WIN-WIN FOR ALL.
Advantages of Our SSR R-22 Kit
- EASY SELL, lower and firm job price quote. High confidence that all seals will be PERMANENTLY repaired.
- INCREASED COOLING AND REDUCED ELECTRIC BILL FOR CUSTOMER.
- MORE JOBS COMPLETED PER DAY by each Service Technician. Leak location and repair done in much LESS TIME. Lower overhead cost per job.
- FEWER CALL BACKS during service warranty period. No more call backs to correct new leaks resulting from component replacement or moisture in the system.
- NO DAMAGE CLAIMS resulting from careless workmanship during component replacement.
- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and atmosphere for signing up customer for annual service contract.
What We Are Not
Our SSR-22® Kits for stationary systems is NOT a “Stop Leak”. These “Stop Leaks” work by introducing either solids, fibers, or gel into a system. As they leak out with their carrier liquid, these solids plug or dam the leak. Products of this type simply will not work in an air conditioning/refrigeration system since solids would plug the capillaries, orifices or oil ports within the system and affect heat transfer.
What We Are
Our SSR-22® Kits is introduced into the AC/R system as a liquid blended with the refrigerant. It then circulates through the system with the refrigerant until it reaches the leak. As it leaves the system, it reacts with an excessive amount of oxygen and moisture in the air (humidity), polymerizes and forms a solid epoxy seal. Because of this, there is no way for our SSR-22® Kits product to restrict the system internally.
Using our SSR-22® Kits is an easy two-step process for licensed 608 A/C Service Professionals. Please click to see our R-22 Kit Procedure Guide for further instructions.
We warranty a SSR-22® Kits to seal and hold with ONE YEAR claim period. Please click to see our R-22 Warranty
Cryo-Silane®, Tune-Air®, Dry-Pak®, and Cryoseal® are registered trademarks of
American Patent Group, Inc.
Website Copyright © 1996-2013 Cryo-Chem International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Website updated June 1, 2013
Privacy Agreement | Terms and Intellectual Property